I shall be reopening for face to face appointments on Monday 12th April 2021, as long the government’s review scheduled on 5th April allows us to do so. Whilst I am very excited to be returning to work and seeing you all, it maybe natural, you feel a little nervous having close contact with someone outside your ‘bubble.’ I shall be following guidelines set by the Government, NHS, World Health Organisation (WHO) and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists regarding returning to work protocols, hygiene practice and the use of PPE.
- I have carried out a risk assessment to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (Covid-19) within my business premises.
- I have completed a certified infection control course and have enhanced hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect clients and myself.
- Increased time between appointments to allow for deep cleaning and sanitising of working areas, also to allow this area to ventilate. This will mean fewer but safer appointments.
Changes to protect your health and well- being.
When you book your appointment, you will be sent a simple questionnaire to fill out, sign and return or bring with you to your appointment.
I will contact you the day before your appointment to ask if you’re well, we can run through the questions and you sign the disclaimer when you get here…Please can you bring a pen!
- I will need to take your temperature from a distance on your arrival.
- Hand sanitizing on arrival.
- Payment by bank transfer before your appointment or correct cash placed on an envelope that I will supply at the time of your appointment.
- If you have a face covering, can you bring it with you. Guidelines are changing all the time, you may not need it and don’t worry if you forget, I have some here. I’m told if you have a chatty client, they may need to cover up.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment and come alone. I need to sanitize and ventilate the room sufficiently.
- Please bring a drink with you, a pen and your Covid 19 declaration form which will be emailed out to you.
- As I don my PPE (correct at the current time, following government, insurance and my governing body’s guidelines), to leave you to undress. Put your clothes and belongings in the sanitized, plastic lidded box in my therapy room.
- All couch linen has been replaced for each client and stored in a sealed unit following being laundered at 60 degrees.
If you display these symptoms, please cancel your appointment.
- New dry persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- Unusual tiredness
- Sore throat or runny nose
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Unusual muscular aches
With these safeguards in place , I feel I have created a safe and caring environment to nurture the mind, body and spirit. If you would like to discuss any concerns, no matter how small, please contact me before your appointment.
I hope this has created a sense of confidence in continuing your treatments or indeed booking your first!